Re: -doc subpackage Group tag

Chris Adams (cmadams hiwaay net) said:
> Once upon a time, Bill Nottingham <notting redhat com> said:
> > Frankly, I've been of the opinion that the docs should be
> > merged into the main package, and can be installed with
> > --excludedocs if people want that. I'm probably in the
> > minority though (and the PHP manual makes this excessive. :) )
>
> But how do you add or remove docs after the fact?

Well, in general, you can always remove them by hand and install
newer versions with --excludedocs.

The other way is messier, though.

I just don't like a lot of packages which are 'maybe useful but
no good way to get them installed in any sane automated or easily
defined fashion'. Which most -doc packages are.

Bill