yum request

David T Hollis dhollis at davehollis.com
Tue Jul 20 01:44:55 UTC 2004

On Mon, 2004-07-19 at 19:20 +0200, David Nielsen wrote:
> I'll just take this off list:
>
> I have had the router replaced once already, the problem presists - when
> I connect straight to the network around the router, it's perfectly
> stable.
> There is no fireware updates for this model on the website I looked.
> I'm quite sure it's just a bad design.

Dangerously treading into off-topic waters here, but this rings a bit
similar to a problem my brother had a few months back.  His Linksys
router would spontaneously reboot when he would hit certain web pages
and the like.  He replaced it, no luck.  I put in a Linux router using
an old spare box he had, it went flaky, but in different ways.  I told
him to get with his provider and sure enough, his cable modem was on the
fritz.  Once it was replaced, life was good.

--
David T Hollis <dhollis at davehollis.com>