Re: Definition of Open Source [was Re: pine: UW permission to distribute]

Rui Miguel Seabra wrote:
On Tue, 2004-07-20 at 11:32 -0500, Rex Dieter wrote:

Rui Miguel Seabra wrote:

Your opinion is irrelevant.

And so is yours. Only Fedora's counts here. That's been my point all along. *Any* other arguement is also irrelavent.

Of course. But you don't separate the motives. Your choice to cut out
the remaining of the paragraph reveals it. You're reacting with emotion
instead of rationality.

If truth be told, I just don't like long quotes, besides most of which I thought was irrelavent to this discussion.

You where talking about the definition of open source, and it was in
that regard that I made the comment.

I've been primarily commenting on Fedora's *lack* of a definition of opensource. Most of the responses I've seen are simply folks offering their own definitions or external references. Perhaps I err'd in offering my own as well. My apologies.

-- Rex