Re: FC3 (and beyond) wishlist

Once upon a time, Peter Backlund <peter backlund home se> said:
> The approach of using one file per configuration entry instead of one
> monolithic config file is IMO better in most cases, and several
> applications have adopted this fairly recently (apt, ld at least).
> I think it would be beneficial to do this in as many cases as possible.
> Candidates include:
>
> - grub

The problem with this one is that order is meaningful.  How do you
decide which one comes first with a random collection of files?  I
suppose you could use a system of symlinks or something (but then GRUB
can't live on a non-Unix FS), but it is getting complicated for
something that (hopefully) doesn't change much.

--
Chris Adams <cmadams hiwaay net>