Re: Re: Definition of Open Source [was Re: pine: UW permission to distribute]

On Tue, 2004-07-20 at 15:56, Jeff Spaleta wrote:
> On Tue, 20 Jul 2004 14:52:58 -0500, Rex Dieter <rdieter math unl edu> wrote:
> > Thank you Havoc, that's exactly what I've been asking for.  I would say
> > this should be reflected on fedora.redhat.com somewhere.
>
> So havoc's opinion counts as being the official fedora opinion?
> I'll have to remember that for future reference?

Please do! ;-) j/k

I don't know that there was ever a firm decision as in a vote was taken
or some dictator laid down the law. I just remember someone suggesting
this approach and I said "that sounds good to me" when asked, and I
don't know if it went anywhere.

If anyone who's involved in the project has a really strongly felt
opinion I guess it's on-topic for the list and the feedback is good,
though many of us might be grumpy about a licensing thread. ;-)

Agree with the point that we have to address the leadership etc. issues
and that it would be good to get this on the web site.

Havoc