Re: Definition of Open Source [was Re: pine: UW permission to distribute]

On Jul 21, 2004, Warren Togami <wtogami redhat com> wrote:

> I do agree that Fedora Core should always be 100% Open Source.  I also
> believe that Extras need not be this strict.  If you dislike some part
> of Extras, then just don't use it.

Unless some other package you do want to use happens to have been
built in such a way that it depends on a package you'd rather not
use, such that the one you didn't want may get installed onto your box
and you may not even notice.