Re: createrepo/rpm-metadata repository format creator ver 0.3.4

On Fri, Jul 23, 2004 at 01:13:00AM -0400, seth vidal wrote:

> In the next few weeks I'll be releasing a version of yum that works with
> this format and I'd like to try to make this version ready to go for
> Fedora Core 3. However, other applications need to be ported away from
> yum's repository format and to this. Rhn-applet needs to be updated to
> work with this metadata. I believe up2date is ready to work with it now.

Up2date from FC2 does *not* work ok with a repository created by a
previous createrepo (tested beginning of June).  Adrian pointed me to
something I should change to make the method be enabled in up2date
(it is disabled by default), but although it then could parse the
repo line in rhn/sources, up2date failed at some point.

--    Jos Vos <jos xos nl>