/sbin/install-info causing scripts to fail esp. in gcc srpms

Robert Hardy rhardy at webcon.ca
Fri Jul 23 14:29:08 UTC 2004

On Fri, 23 Jul 2004, Ville [ISO-8859-1] Skyttä wrote:
> On Fri, 2004-07-23 at 07:19, Mike McLean wrote:
>> This is a common packaging problem.  Please file a bug against the
>> individual package
>> when you encounter this.
>
> AFAICT, this particular one is not only a packaging problem, but also
> manifests an install-info bug.  Try it out with gnat_ugn_unw.info.gz
> from gcc-gnat-3.4.1-7.

Exactly, as I was trying to point out, install-info can't make up its mind.

Running this line install-info thinks a particular info file isn't indexed in dir:
/sbin/install-info --delete --info-dir=/usr/share/info /usr/share/info/gnat_ugn_unw.info.gz

Yet when running the line below immediately after the one above,
install-info gives an error because it now thinks a particular info file IS
indexed in dir:
/sbin/install-info --delete --info-dir=/usr/share/info /usr/share/info/gnat_ugn_unw.info.gz

Regards,
Rob

--
Robert Hardy, B.Eng Computer Systems                  C.E.O. Webcon Inc.