Re: Definition of Open Source [was Re: pine: UW permission to distribute]

Michael Tiemann (tiemann redhat com) said:
> The one question I cannot quite resolve is: if there's a binary-only
> driver, say an nVidia driver, can there be a Fedora Addon collection
> that includes said driver?  Or must the driver be naked--packaged for,
> but never distributed as part of, Fedora XYZ?

Well, the original charter/definition/whatever didn't include 'addon'
really at all.

If it's being branded as Fedora(tm), then all legal concerns with
binary only drivers would need to be settled. Which would be
problematic considering the hot-button nature of the issue.

Bill