Re: createrepo/rpm-metadata repository format creator ver 0.3.4

seth vidal wrote :

> > Quick question about the group file, is this the current comps.xml and
> > yumgroups.xml file that can be included into the metadata?
>
> right now there is no defined groups format - I've been using
> comps.xml/yumgroups.xml as the 'standard' but we need a better
> definition.
>
> groups default to not being there so 'use at your own risk'
>
> I think for purposes of fedora using comps.xml as the defacto standard
> is a good idea.

I can't seem to really figure out your answer, so I guess I'll just make
some testing on the behavior ;-) I've started relying heavily on groups for
a very simple task : "yum groupinstall Base Core" pulls in all the packages
added to the base system that are missing after a "yum upgrade" from a
distribution to another. Think selinux policy files, acl stuff etc. _very_
convenient, I find.

Matthias

Fedora Core release 2 (Tettnang) - Linux kernel 2.6.6-1.435.2.3
Load : 0.30 0.23 0.18