Re: IDEA: Shortening boot-time

Boy that's a narrow view. How about laptop users ? I reboot my laptop
all the time, I can't switch from single to dual screens without it.

Speaking of laptops, are there any projects that focus on laptop
profiles ? The way i do it is to extend the existing network profile
tool with scripting hacks in rc.sysinit to change my xorg.conf, hwconf,
.gconf, .gnome and al... But the gnome network profiler is confusing
and i wonder if there are other solutions out there...

-dl
http://www.poolshark.org/