Re: PROPOSAL: Core size reduction "bug day"

On Sat, 24 Jul 2004, Peter Backlund wrote:

There is already a KDE-on-Red Hat/Fedora community project, as we all know. It would be ideal for that packager- and userbase to maintain KDE for FE.

The only problem as I see it, is that the current KDE-on-Red Hat/Fedora
project builds a version of KDE that incorporates patented technologies,
such as mpeg playback (xine-lib, lame etc). Hopefully it's possible to
split those parts out in separate packages and throw into Fedora Free
World (aka livna).

Rex, what do you say?

I'm all for splitting out the questionable parts, as long as they are available elsewhere, like rpm.livna.org

-- Rex