Re: PROPOSAL: Core redefinition

On Sun, Jul 25, 2004 at 01:23:52PM +0200, Jos Vos wrote:
> The good-old Red Hat Powertools had poor packaging quality.  My main
> fear is that for example Fedora Core will be reduced to RHEL packages
> or even less and Fedora Extras will end up having the quality of
> RH Powertools in the past, so that you have to repackage stuff yourself
> to get a good quality.  Saying this, I have to admit I did not looked
> at the fedora.us packaging quality, so maybe they do a better job than
> RH Powertools.

No offense intended to anyone at Red Hat, but IMHO the packaging
quality of most of the fedora.us packages is better than most stuff in
Fedora Core.

Actually, the only complaint I have with any fedora.us packages is the
occasional bit of over-engineering.

Steve
--
Steven Pritchard - K&S Pritchard Enterprises, Inc.
Email: steve kspei com             http://www.kspei.com/