rawhide report: 20040723 changes

John Dennis jdennis at redhat.com
Mon Jul 26 23:02:26 UTC 2004

> > The balsa bug 127990 (#6) suggests there is something broken in the build
> > system at the moment.

> Didn't dig out why the build process is picking up dependencies from the
> installed version tho.

All this should be resolved shortly (should show up in rawhide real
soon). FWIW, its not something a developer can fix when he/she submits a
package for building. It has to do with some very arcane properties of
the internal build system and where it pulls libraries from, believe me
you don't want to know the details ;-) In 25 words or less, when a
release is frozen you can still build in copy of the release but there
can be version skew between the release and the copy until the release
is unlocked, this is what happened. Sorry, there isn't much as
developers we can do about this, its a property of the build system.
--
John Dennis <jdennis at redhat.com>