Re: IDEA: Shortening boot-time

Hi,

Enumeration in USB is never "done", its an ongoing process.

And therefore the idea to wait for the USB scan to complete is (IMHO) wrong. Instead we load the usb host drivers and continue our work. As soon as a new device is detected (doesn't matter wether the device was connected during startup or hotplugged) /sbin/hotplug can handle that. There is no need for kudzu to look at usb devices at all...

Regards,
 Florian