Re: linux registry (no, not that again!)

Remco,
Ok, you caught me... I didn't fully read it. Now that I have, you're right I am being a bit harsh :-)

And yes, "registry" does indeed bring forth certain prejudices. I recon this is somewhat akin to reaching a Common Log Format, a good aim but something which needs a good bit of debate and agreement.

Cheers, Harry

Remco Treffkorn wrote:

You did not read the site, did you ?-)
I really urge people to look at it. "Registry" is a poor choice for a name. Too many negative prejudices.

It would make my life a lot nicer!
Maybe we should ask upstream to have a look.