Re: tuxracer & chromium move to Extras

I don't have any objections, but I think this is pretty useless, its not like this is goign to free up a whole lott of cdromspace.

My 2 cents:
1) RH badly needs to get an actual / intergrated Extras, for starters
 just move the entire fedora.us tree there, this includes the internet
 enabled FCx end user being able to install packages from extras from
 a GUI without having to tinker with sources/yum.conf/whatever
2) Once 1) is in place then stuff can be moved to extras. I think it is
 best if RH first discusses where to draw the line internally, and then
 comes with a list saying this is what we are going todo, if this
 contains drastic measures like putting kde in Extras explain why.
 Lett us burn down the list on fedora-devel for a week and no longer!
 Then make a definitive list based on the feedback an just do it.
 We are all tlaking way to much and thus not being productive!

Regards,

Hans

Warren Togami wrote:
Would anyone object to tuxracer and chromium moving to Extras in FC3? They really haven't changed much in a long time, and how USEFUL is it, how often is it used? They do not improve constantly like all the other software we ship.

I think we should save the space in core, and instead make a nice web page with screenshots, and say "Use Extras and try these games." A "Fedora Gaming" website may be a fun and easy project for volunteers to do.

tuxracer & chromium package owner than redhat com agrees with this idea.

If someone is concerned about FC having at least one good test program for accelerated 3D video, we could possibly include something a lot more fun and new than tuxracer or chromium.

Your thoughts?

Warren Togami
wtogami redhat com

-- EuropeSwPatentFree http://EuropeSwPatentFree.hispalinux.es