i686 build of Fedora Core

Angelo ang3l0 at katamail.com
Thu Jul 29 11:28:13 UTC 2004

Alan Cox wrote:

>90% of the optimisation work is scheduling instructions - picking which one
>to use and how to lay them out.
>[...]
>(AMD re-orders so much that it doesnt seem to matter what its fed)

You've tested this thoroughly and I already think that you are probably
right.

But just to have some more numbers to talk about, I'll try compiling
with only the sched optimizations, and with sched and instruction
optimizations some interesting packages.

When I've found out the results, I'll post here some results so this
thread will never ever be opened again.

Fedora was already my preferred distro, now I that I've heard some
devels I understand why it is so good :)

Regards,
Angelo