tuxracer & chromium move to Extras

Colin Charles linux at bytebot.net
Fri Jul 30 05:37:57 UTC 2004

On Thu, 2004-07-29 at 23:50, Alan Cox wrote:

> Chromium probably could go. Tuxracer I'd be inclined to keep as its a
> very good 3D demo and its very Linux. Its also very small compared to a lot
> of the newer games.

True, I'd keep Tuxracer around. We should also think about users of FC3
whom are going to be demoing the machine (I do this frequently) -
sometimes, setting up demo machines happen, and people don't have
Internet access while this is being done, so getting stuff from Extras
is hard

And digressing, we have no definition of what stays in Core or Extras.
Also, we just lack an Extras (or Alternatives for the matter) currently.
So this has to be well defined first, and at some stage, my vote will go
to Extras also making CD (or DVD) ISOs, so that if folk wan't complete
"Fedora" sets, they might get seven CDs, 4 of which might be Core, and 3
of which are Extras/Alternatives

Keeping in mind again, not everyone is (fast) Internet connected
/me speaks from the 3rd world country POV
Colin Charles, byte at aeon.com.my
http://www.bytebot.net/
then you win." -- Mohandas Gandhi