FHS-2.3 -- /usr/share/xml

What is the future of FHS2.3 and fedora?

I was just looking for guidance on where to install some DTDs for a
package and found FHS-2.3 specifies a /usr/share/xml directory:

  /usr/share/xml contains architecture-independent files used by XML
applications, such as ordinary catalogs (not the centralized ones,   see
/etc/sgml), DTDs, entities, or style sheets.

FC2 uses /usr/share/sgml for some of this and other pieces are strewn in
individual program directories under /usr/share.  Even under FHS-2.2,
these things are specified to live under the /usr/share/sgml
hierarchy....

If this is going to be our convention, I'll build to accomodate it,
otherwise I'll do what most packages seem to do right now: install in
their own directory under /usr/share/<PROGNAME>

-Toshio
--
  t  o  s  h  i  o  +  t  i  k  i  -  l  o  u  n  g  e  .  c  o  m