Re: Why are there only i686 and i586 Version of glibc and kernel? -- i386 is still around

On Tue, Jun 01, 2004 at 07:51:46PM -0700, Per Bjornsson wrote:
> your 75 MHz Pentium classic and my girlfriend's 550 MHz K6-2 (or
> possibly 450 MHz, I can't remember, but K6 versions did go up to 550 MHz
> in any case). Those are still (marginally) reasonable desktop machines,
> even with modern desktops. (OpenOffice is a bit of a hog to start, but

So they'd be a lot less marginal with something intentionally more
lightweight.

Enough people seem to care about keeping older-system support in Core, and I
don't care enouigh about moving it out, that I going to just drop this for
now. No point in arguing.