Join GPG web of trust?

Panu Matilainen pmatilai at welho.com
Wed Jun 2 06:34:04 UTC 2004

On Tue, 1 Jun 2004, Chris McDonough wrote:

> Hi,
>
> A while back I volunteered to submit/maintain a Zope package to/for
> fedora.us (
> http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-devel-list/2004-April/msg01016.html ).
>
> Upstream problems which violated the QA policy have been resolved now,
> and I believe I'm ready to submit a package.  Is there someone on this
> list willing to sponsor me into the GPG web of trust?

It's not a position you can get "sponsored into", one needs to earn the
trust over time. By current definition, that is. Which puts upstream
authors such as yourself into a weird and annoying position where you can
put out the releases of the actual software, <insert large number here>
number of people use the software but unless people get around to
review the packages in QA queue you can put the packages into fedora.us :(
The "packager is upstream developer" situation should be sanitized
somehow...

For now, just submit your packages to QA to get the ball rolling.

	- Panu -