APT repository problems with up2date

Jos Vos jos at xos.nl
Sat Jun 5 21:23:30 UTC 2004

Hi,

Before I start digging in the up2date code myself, maybe someone
can comment on this:

I have a problem when using up2date up2date with my self-created
APT repositories.  When updating, it complains about conflicting
files: it just thinks that a long list of directories that are
shared among packages conflict with each other.

Apt-get itself (and synaptic) seems to work fine with the same
repository, only with up2date there is a problem.  Also, up2date
with a yum repository of then same package set works fine, as
does yum itself.

FWIW: I generate my APT repositories with --flat --bloat.

Cheers,

--
--    Jos Vos <jos at xos.nl>