Fedora Documentation

Alan Cox alan at redhat.com
Mon Jun 7 15:05:21 UTC 2004

Has anyone come across any good tools to manage a "bookshelf" of online
documentation and books in general.

Thinking about the big documents relevant to Fedora and credibly
maintained (ie not download the howto's) I rapidly got past 20 good
free/shippable documents. The trouble is they are in multiple formats
even if they could all be output as PDF.

-	GNU manuals like the Emacs manual are generally texinfo but
	very comprehensive
-	Other online books are docbook (3,4,sgml and xml)
-	Some stuff is in OpenOffice
-	One or two are in weird "see we followed the license" xml
	but rescuable

A properly organised bookshelf seems an ideal thing to have, I'm just
wondering about tools