fc2, 2.6.x, scheduling latency peaks

Fernando Pablo Lopez-Lezcano nando at ccrma.Stanford.EDU
Tue Jun 8 00:52:14 UTC 2004

> > Things I could not make work:
> > - testing 2.6.6-1.391.x in FC1. For some reason init does not get
> > executed, probably a library problem somewhere...
>
> you need to pass vdso=0 to the kernel there.

I finally built a version of the 2.6.6 kernel that boots on FC1 with
vdso=0. I still see ALSA xruns while using Jack with realtime scheduling
(booting into 2.4.26 gives me rock solid performance in the same machine
/ distro).

Does the "nosysinfo" kernel boot option still turn off nptl globally?[*]
-- Fernando

[*] others running 2.6.6 in Debian have also found problems with 2.6.6,
some of them where solved by disabling nptl with the LD_ASSUME_KERNEL
environment variable.