S3 sleep with kernel 422 and ATI Radeon problem

Jeff Pitman symbiont at berlios.de
Wed Jun 9 00:05:41 UTC 2004

On Tuesday 08 June 2004 14:16, Arjan van de Ven wrote:
> (also I'm working with Mike on a patch to X to resume radeons better
> in the future)

Since Redhat 7.3, APM suspend has always crashed X for my IBM T30 with
Radeon.  Sometimes it would be a clock issue and sometimes it'd be an
hd issue.  Most of the times the pixels on the screen just melt all
over and the whole system hangs (occasionally, you can run SysRq SAK to
get out.)  Yes, I tried tweaking everything in /etc/sysconfig/apmd to
get it to work.

Anyway, I will be very grateful for an ACPI solution that works!  Let me
know when a patch comes out and I'll be glad to help test.

take care,
--
-jeff