Bad WindowMaker patch in use; correction attached

Alexey Spiridonov lesha at netman.ru
Wed Jun 9 02:49:35 UTC 2004

Hello,

Alex Perez, a GNUstep package maintainer, brought to my attention that the WindowMaker packages distributed on www.fedora.us use an old and _broken_ version of my GTK2 patches. This is probably due to the fact that my corrected patch was missed and not merged into CVS (and still isn't...), and has happened through no fault of Fedora developers.

In the meantime, I've been running with the corrected patch for around 8 months with essentially no problems; I know for a fact the previous one had many annoying focus bugs. To help out Alex (as he was worried about that Fedora was using), I made a backport of the correct patch against 0.80.2; it is attached. I hope you find it useful.

Below is my letter to Alex.

***

Hi Alex,

The attached patch *should* work quite well for fixing 0.80.2's focus problems. I say "should" because
it's a straight backport of the patch that works well for CVS, and I haven't tested it very long. The
"timidity -im" Open dialog doesn't get focused properly yet, but all other Motif transients I've found
do. There will be an update if I am able to find what's wrong in that case. Please let me know if you have trouble.

Best regards,

Alexey