how to override kernel modules?

Florin Andrei florin at andrei.myip.org
Mon Jun 14 18:22:02 UTC 2004

On Sun, 2004-06-13 at 19:03, Fernando Pablo Lopez-Lezcano wrote:

> I hope I'm wrong and there's something I did miss. If my assesment is
> correct, I'm left with  not options for upgrading the ALSA subsystem
> independently of the kernel itself. Arghhhh...

If true, then this is bad news indeed.

Of all operating systems i've dealt with so far, Linux seems to
consistently choose the worst methods for installing new drivers,
updating them, etc. Even Windows for Workgroups was better in this
regard.
This is probably the biggest remaining issue with making Linux
accessible to non-tech users (well, some might argue that a software
installer that makes sense is a bigger problem, and i actually won't
argue back).

--
Florin Andrei

http://florin.myip.org/