midnight commander UTF-8 patches and more

Leonard den Ottolander leonard at den.ottolander.nl
Fri Jun 18 00:35:42 UTC 2004

Hi all,

I wrote:

> Vladimir Nadvornik has made available a few patches to complete / fix
> the utf-8 patches for the midnight commander at
> http://www.suse.de/~nadvornik/mc.html .

On my request Vladimir was so kind to fix some conflicts I saw with the
jumbo patch and the edit-replace patch. The edit-replace patch is now
totally integrated in Vladimir's utf8-input patch. He added a small fix
and couple of checks as well (*p1++ = 'l' if (*p == 's') and a couple of
*p < 128 tests before calling strchr).

He also integrated code from 6 hunks from the jumbo patch into his
utf8-input patch. This means these 6 hunks (all 5 hunks regarding
edit/editcmd.c and hunk "@@ -1290,10 +1291,11 @@ delete_region" for
src/widget.c) can be dropped from the current jumbo patch when applying
these patches.

The current state of the patches seems to fix all the issues I was
seeing when using charsets other than UTF-8 (a.o. wrong key binding (&),
missing key highlights). You can find a test src rpm for FC 1 from
http://www.ottolander.nl/opensource/srpms/fc1/mc-4.6.0-14.10n.src.rpm .

Leonard.