Re: Subject: GPL Ghostscript 8.01 [Re: Packages with newer upstream versions]

> Message: 9
> Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2004 20:16:33 -0700
> From: Per Bjornsson <perbj stanford edu>
> Subject: GPL Ghostscript 8.01 [Re: Packages with newer upstream
> 	versions]
> To: jpo di uminho pt, Development discussions related to Fedora Core
> 	<fedora-devel-list redhat com>
> On Wed, 2004-06-16 at 09:51, Jos Pedro Oliveira wrote:
> > package(s)     upsteam        rawhide
> vouch for how useful an upgrade this is but it can be found here:
> http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=1897&package_id=108733&release_id=214554
> ftp://mirror.cs.wisc.edu/pub/mirrors/ghost/GPL/gs801/ghostscript-8.01.tar.bz2
> (Note that it's now in the GPL directory as opposed to the gnu directory
> of the Ghostscript FTP site.) Is the Fedora version so heavily patched
> that an upgrade would be difficult? (The Fedora package has certainly
> gone through quite a few iterations and seems to have a bunch of
> patches.)
> Cheers,
> Per
> [1] http://www.ghostscript.com/pipermail/gs-devel/2004-February/002909.html
> --
> Per Bjornsson <perbj stanford edu>
> Ph.D. Candidate, Department of Applied Physics, Stanford University

I have filed:

This is a bear of a package to build and include all the extra printers
it supports. Updating this is not a trivial job, even with the new auto*
stuff used to build GS.

GPL GS 8.02 is expected to have CUPS integration of some sorts, but I
would not expect it soon.

T. Waugh might not talk to me in IRC anymore ;)