No more kernel-source(code) ??? (was: rawhide report: 20040623 changes)

Stephen Smoogen smoogen at lanl.gov
Thu Jun 24 02:55:54 UTC 2004

On Wed, 23 Jun 2004, Jeremy Katz and others wrote about the loss of
kernel-source(code)

I think the main problem is that a LOT of people use the current method
and expect it to be there for whatever arcane method. Just removing it
without openly discussing it first smacks less of a community project
and more of a 'high-handed you'll take what we give you' mode.  [Not
saying that is what it is.. but that is what it looks like.]

Stephen John Smoogen		smoogen at lanl.gov
Los Alamos National Lab  CCN-5 Sched 5/40  PH: 4-0645
-- Please, I have had too much of the stupid today. Please wait until
-- tomorrow to say these things so my tolerance has refreshed.