No more kernel-source(code) ???

Neil Horman nhorman at redhat.com
Fri Jun 25 13:42:49 UTC 2004

Arjan van de Ven wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 25, 2004 at 02:39:13PM +0200, Leonard den Ottolander wrote:
>
>>Hoi Arjan,
>>

>>>we're having the discussion now right?
>>
>>"Voldongen feiten politiek" that's called. First make a change and then
>>discussing it makes it harder to get it reverted if that turned out to
>>be a better solution (I'm not saying it is).
>

> eh please be real. It's one bloody %define that needs toggled after I
> created and tested the spec infrastructure in rawhide. That is not making it
> harder to discuss that is making it possible to discuss. You can throw a lot
> of shit at me if you want, but by overstating claims that much do you really
> think I still enjoy putting the time and effort into making this a toggle to
> get that to happen? Can you explain to me why I should even bother to go the
> more-work route if no matter what I do I get shit thrown at me ?

I'm sorry I'm picking up a little late in this thread, but from what I
gather everyone is bitching about the lost functionality that stems from
there being no more kernel-source package.  What on earth is wrong with
installing <kernel-version>.src.rpm, and doing an:

rpmbuild -bp kernel.spec

It gets you the same source tree that you otherwise have had, and lets
you build all the modules you could ever want.

Neil
  *Neil Horman
  *Software Engineer
  *Red Hat, Inc.