Self-Introduction: Michael Tiemann

Michael Tiemann tiemann at redhat.com
Wed Jun 30 09:03:51 UTC 2004

1.  Michael Damian Tiemann
2.  USA, Chapel Hill, North Carolina
3.  VP, Open Source Affairs (and former hacker)
4.  Red Hat, Inc. (in Raleigh)
5.  My goals are to push some extra useful packages that are built for
other or ancient distros into Fedora Extras.  These packages are ones
that I believe will greatly expand the relevance of Fedora as a
development platform because of the additional communities they bring
with them.  In particular:

	* revive blender3d for FC2/Extras (was in FC1/Extras)
	* add support for the R language (see http://www.r-project.org/)
	* bring GRASS to Fedora (FreeGIS has been funded to do this)
	* bring in the latest and greatest free bioinformatics sw
	* see if the new eGroupware stuff is ready for FC2/Extras

As for doing QA, I can certainly do sanity checking of packages that
I've built or that others have built but not published to Fedora.

6.  Historical qualifications
	* A long time ago in a galaxy far away, I was a GCC hacker
	* I know C, C++, and can parse bash, perl, and many other languages
	* You should trust me because (1) Christian Gafton knows how to find me
(I work in the same building) and (2) Warren Togami brought me macademia
nuts from Hawaii

7.  GPG KEYID and fingerprint:

[tiemann at localhost tiemann]$ gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --fingerprint
ea0ac0e4
pub  1024D/EA0AC0E4 2003-08-14 Michael Tiemann (CTO, Red Hat)
<tiemann at redhat.com>
     Key fingerprint = F0AD 3368 D24A 56CD A2AD  6A12 CAB3 2E89 EA0A
C0E4
sub  1024g/BB6171EB 2003-08-14 [expires: 2008-08-12]