Self-Introduction: Michael Tiemann

Rudi Chiarito nutello at sweetness.com
Wed Jun 30 12:58:56 UTC 2004

On Wed, Jun 30, 2004 at 11:55:24AM +0100, John Hearns wrote:
> Wouldn't it be easier to have a Yum repository for
> the bioinformatics stuff?

That's what I did at work - yum for FC2 and good old autoupdate for
FC1/RH. That's not visible from outside, though, and I fear the
legal/bureaucratic process to host the repository for external access
would be long and complex (there's no lack of hardware or networking
connectivity).

The repository actually started on my pages at the local LUG, which is,
from time to time, what I point struggling biologists to. Unfortunately,
the box is a bit underpowered to handle load spikes, so I never made any
public announcements. I was just hoping to simply kill the repository
once Fedora had a streamlined submission process, but that's apparently
still in progress.

--
Rudi