The origin of _initrddir (was: Re: rawhide report: 20040229 changes)

Matthias Saou thias at spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.egg.and.spam.freshrpms.net
Mon Mar 1 10:55:32 UTC 2004

Build System wrote :

> yum-2.0.5.20040224-2
> --------------------
> * Thu Feb 26 2004 Florian La Roche <Florian.LaRoche at redhat.de>
>
> - mv /etc/init.d -> /etc/rc.d/init.d

About this one, using a macro seems to be the right way of deciding which path
to use, and I've seen _initrddir actually being used for it. Still, its name
seems strange.
I've asked on rpm-list about this, but got no answer so far. Below is that
message, in case some people here have some insight on this...

Matthias