Pinging Phil Knirsch

Leonard den Ottolander leonard at den.ottolander.nl
Fri Mar 5 14:51:26 UTC 2004

Hi Phil,

> > Maybe you've already spoken with Harald, but could you be so kind to use
> > a consistent subject on the announcement? The ones Bill uses are fine
> > and seem to be the most commonly used format.
>
> Erhh, you mean for updates, the n-v-r naming? Sure, i can do that. But
> this is not an update release for fc1, it's mtr in rawhide. So "normal"
> n-v-r changes and no wierd update annoucement from me this time. :-)

Just speaking of the subject line of announcements. The question being
if you could use this format:
[SECURITY] Fedora Core 1 Update: XFree86-4.3.0-55
instead of this format:
Fedora Security Update Notification netpbm-9.24-12.1.1
Just for consistency.

But I overlooked this is about a "rawhide" update, which I assume you
mean is an update for FC 2 test 1. RawHide is a bit of a confusing term
nowadays, as with Fedora we have test (test release) and testing (test
upates for the current tree). Iirc Rawhide used to be both (sort of).

So keep the comment about the subject line for the next time you have to
announce an "official" update.

Leonard.