fedora.us QA, Vendor, Packager and more

Patrice Dumas pertusus at free.fr
Sun Mar 7 23:36:02 UTC 2004

Hi,

I have some questions about spec files.

What to put for
Packager:
 and
Vendor:
when doing a spec file from scratch and when reusing a spec file ?

I think this should be explained in the QA.

What to put in the %changelog ?
Especially when reusing a spec file, should the entries be kept ?

It also seems to me that some guidelines could be given about that.

On the completly different subject I would like to package a pam module,
but it should install in
/lib/security

There is no macro for this directory, nor for /lib. Is it on purpose ?
There seems to be the same for /bin. Of course it is still possible to use the
paths but maybe a macro could be usefull there ?

Pat