Not sure how to file this bug

Mike A. Harris mharris at redhat.com
Tue Mar 16 19:42:23 UTC 2004

On Tue, 16 Mar 2004, Trever L. Adams wrote:

>Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2004 12:46:14 -0500
>From: Trever L. Adams <tadams-lists at myrealbox.com>
>To: Development discussions related to Fedora Core
>    <fedora-devel-list at redhat.com>
>Subject: Re: Not sure how to file this bug
>
>On Tue, 2004-03-16 at 07:20 +0100, Hugo van der Kooij wrote:
>
>> On Mon, 15 Mar 2004, Trever L. Adams wrote:
>>
>> > In the past few weeks, I am not sure exactly when, clamav
>> > (www.clamav.net) has ceased to work.  I have tried their cvs and new
>> > versions... nothing works.  It dies with a SIGILL.
>>
>> As you are not sure what might cause the issue the only given thing is
>> clamav. So I suggest you file it against clamav and take it from there.
>>
>> Hugo.
>
>I would gladly agree with you, except it was working until the last week
>or so of rawhide.  I will ask them about it, but it does seem to be
>related to the work in rawhide.

The best thing to do is to get a stack backtrace and see where
the SIGILL is actually occuring.  If it occurs inside clamav,
then it is probably a clamav bug that should be filed to the
clamav people.  If it occurs inside a system supplied library,
then a bug report should probably be filed against that component
in Red Hat bugzilla.

It could also possibly be a compiler bug or something, or it
could be a coding error.

Try recompiling clamav with -O0 to see if the problem goes away.