bug submitting policy regarding missing/non-sufficient BuildRequires

Kir Kolyshkin kir at darnet.ru
Sat Mar 20 09:28:39 UTC 2004

Hello,

Are FC developers interested in bug reports that tells about missing or
not sufficient BuildRequires in source packages from FC-devel? I mean,
should I file them or not? I am rebuilding some packages from src.rpms
on a mixed ASPLinux-9/FC-1/FC-devel box and sometimes catch some such
situations.

(Real) examples of such bugs could be (in short form):
gstreamer-0.8.0-1 should 'BuildRequire' gettext >= 0.11.5, but spec just
specifies gettext without any version.
rhythmbox-0.6.8-2 should 'BuildRequire' gstreamer-devel >= 0.8.0, but
spec doesn't specify that.

Regards,
  Kir.