H.323 gatekeeper on FC1?

Alexander Larsson alexl at redhat.com
Mon Mar 22 14:13:04 UTC 2004

On Fri, 2004-03-19 at 21:53, Hugo van der Kooij wrote:
> On Fri, 19 Mar 2004, Alexander Larsson wrote:

> > > Been there, tried it. But those buggers have an impossible way of
> > > compiling which is rather incompatible with any package manager.
> >
> > How come we package openh323 in fedora then, eh? :)
>
> Beacause someone tweaked it to fit gnomemeeting. But in a direct email
> conversation the packager said it was packaged just to fit gnomemeeting
> but the package will not win any beauty contest.
>
> But as soon asi I want to compile gnugk I find that basic files are
> missing from the openh323 package.

However, all the changes was made with agreement from gnomemeeting
packagers from most of the major distros, and since then most of the
changes have been slowly fed back upstream. So, I consider this mostly a
bug in gnugk not tracking openh323s path to sane packaging, with
possibly a few bugs in openh323 packaging.

                   alexl at redhat.com    alla at lysator.liu.se
He's a scrappy coffee-fuelled ex-con haunted by memories of 'Nam. She's a
plucky winged doctor with a flame-thrower. They fight crime!