Fedora mirror site lagging

Eric Hattemer hattenator at imapmail.org
Fri Mar 26 06:22:38 UTC 2004

I can't site the exact virus or find it on sarc.com or anywhere like
that anymore, but it seems to me I read about at least one DDOS netbios
worm that targets redhat.com.  It was something like one of those gaobot
worms that spreads like mad, and probably infected millions of windows
users.  I imagine this could have a lot to do with the speed problems in
the last week or two.  But redhat.com has always been kind of slow for
me.  I always figured it was because not enough people understand the
concept of using mirrors.  It might be a good idea for redhat to start
giving out user limit exceeded messages that point to their mirror
list.  But I think since they are the main source, they probably feel a
commitment to customer service in providing updates.

-Eric Hattemer

PS.  This email was worded in a way that comes across very
disrespectfully.  I wouldn't expect help with a negative attitude.  A
lot of people involved with this list are volunteers, and Red Hat has no
responsibility to do what people demand of them.