Anaconda (kickstart handling) idea.

Jack Neely jjneely at pams.ncsu.edu
Fri May 21 17:16:06 UTC 2004

You guys might be interested in a web-based kickstart system I have
developed for NC State University.  Its called Web-Kickstart:

    http://linux.ncsu.edu/projects/web-kickstart/

The idea is that hudge numbers of machines need to be installed in a
completely automated fashion.  Kickstarts are very complex and are
therefore replaced with small, simple config files.  (Similar to
Solaris's Jump Start.)  The collection of config files are kept on one
central server and can be changed at will.

Basically, this is a python system that generates a kickstart when
Anaconda grabs for a special URL.

It does require a bit of customization for each site, but I'm willing
and trying to make it more portable.  Any comments, questions are
welcome.

Jack Neely
--
Jack Neely <slack at quackmaster.net>
Realm Linux Administration and Development