Confusion with new platforms and packages

Paul Nasrat pnasrat at redhat.com
Thu May 27 08:05:30 UTC 2004

On Thu, May 27, 2004 at 08:32:39AM +0100, David Woodhouse wrote:
> On Wed, 2004-05-26 at 22:08 +0100, Luciano Miguel Ferreira Rocha wrote:
> > Could you inform me of the status of Fedora Core on an iBook?
>
> It's working very nicely on my G4 PowerBook.

Likewise on ibooks and imac DV SE (with some fb issues atm)

> > If it works properly,
>
> Yes, mostly. The tracking bug for all things mac/ppc related is
> https://bugzilla.redhat.com/bugzilla/showdependencytree.cgi?id=121179

> > and if binary packages are available.
>
> Yes. http://fedora.linux.duke.edu/fedorappc/ has a known good working
> tree from which you can run up2date. I think

This should now have the tree as of 14 May so pretty close to FC 2.  I need to
check the tree again there is a newer yaboot and fedora-release was missing but
the hdlist should be updated.  I probably should update kudzu and other things as there have been a few mac specific fixes since then.

I need to upload the SRPMS too - but my upstream push is painfully slow at
times.

> Once the installer is finished it'd be nice to make a real FC2 release
> for Mac.

Yup.

Paul