gnome 2.9

Havoc Pennington hp at redhat.com
Thu Nov 4 01:48:51 UTC 2004

On Wed, 2004-11-03 at 20:33 -0500, seth vidal wrote:

> I know this is not the most functional example - but big projects like
> distributions and other large projects do have some established
> hierarchy - and sometimes they have a process for making those
> decisions.

Yeah. I'm a little reluctant to get into which projects I think have
good structures and which ones I think suck, since I have this fear of
ending up on Slashdot or something ;-) plus I may just be ignorant of
many of them.

I do think we need some structure, don't get me wrong. And I'd like to
see it defined. I was also sufficiently involved in defining the GNOME
structure to know whether or not I have time to be in charge of defining
this one ;-)

At the same time I think structure is partly overrated, it does come
down to the individual people and how they get along. If you're taking a
lot of votes it's a bad sign...

Havoc