Does anyone else experience occasionnal xfs crashes?

Matthias Saou thias at spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.egg.and.spam.freshrpms.net
Fri Nov 5 11:42:11 UTC 2004

Aurelien Bompard wrote :

> Matthias Saou wrote:
> > Still, I was wondering, does anyone else suffer from the symptoms
> > above?
>
> I had several xfs crashes with FC2, always when the machine was under
> heavy load and/or swapping a lot (most of the time rpmbuilding a C++
> app). And xfs wasn't killed by the kernel to free memory, I
> checked /var/log/messages.
> I can't say it is reproductable either, but at least it happened to me
> too.

I've got a little more on the problem : It seems that xfs exits cleanly
after receiving a SIG-something. I had that happen while I was strace'ing
in in tty1, but forgot to send the output to a file. I'll open a bug report
as soon as it happens again, as I'm pipe tee'ing it now ;-)

Matthias

Fedora Core release 3 (Heidelberg) - Linux kernel 2.6.9-1.649.radeon
Load : 2.28 1.38 0.86