Why kernel source is not in Distribution that is installed

Charles R. Anderson cra at WPI.EDU
Tue Nov 9 22:52:31 UTC 2004

On Tue, Nov 09, 2004 at 04:39:55PM -0600, Otto Haliburton wrote:
> I don't know what you mean by 'hijack' that is besides the point.

Don't "Reply" to a subject that is unrelated to your question.  That
causes the "In-Reply-To" header to refer to the old thread, causing
threaded mail readers to display your new subject as part of the old
thread.  Instead, compose a new e-mail to start a new topic.

> The discussion that I am trying to bring up has to do with an issue
> that often is comes as a complaint.  The RPM does not install the
> source in the correct location from the src.rpm and quite often the

Correct location for what?  You can compile the kernel anywhere.  I
suppose you want /usr/src/glibc next, so you can recompile that too.