udev and palm pilot

David Hollis dhollis at davehollis.com
Sun Nov 14 23:44:07 UTC 2004

On Fri, 2004-11-12 at 21:35 -0600, John Mizell wrote:
> Well I got the sync to work as advertised in the documentation. I was
> trying to use /dev/ttyUSB0 directly instead of /dev/pilot. But I would
> still like to know if I do put a /etc/udev/permissions.d/new.permissions
> will it use that file over the 0-udev.permissions?

I haven't looked at how udev handles those files myself, but typical
UNIX behavior for that sort of thing is create a file with a smaller
lead number and it will be processed first and thus match earlier.  I
tend to do something like 10-myvalues.permissions.

Works fine.

--
David Hollis <dhollis at davehollis.com>