stateless-snapshooter problems

Carlos Knowlton cknowlton at science.edu
Mon Nov 15 15:10:17 UTC 2004

Hi,

I trying to install Stateless Linux on a computer lab using FC3 (release
version).  I've been following the tutorial, and it's been a breeze so
far, but now I'm at the "4. Creating a snapshot of a prototype system"
section.  While attempting to create a snapshot, I get the following
message:
"
[root at localhost user]# stateless-snapshooter -n -p DemoSystem
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/share/stateless/stateless-snapshooter.py", line 142, in ?
    snapshooter.get_next_id (protosystem))
  File "/usr/share/stateless/snapshooter.py", line 71, in get_next_id
    for snapshot in list_snapshots (protosystem):
  File "/usr/share/stateless/snapshooter.py", line 62, in list_snapshots
    srv = get_readonly_service ()
  File "/usr/share/stateless/snapshooter.py", line 50, in
get_readonly_service
    return LDAPUtils.StatelessService (LDAPUtils.ReadOnlyDirectory (cfg))
  File "/usr/share/stateless/LDAPUtils.py", line 81, in __init__
    Directory.__init__ (self, cfg)
  File "/usr/share/stateless/LDAPUtils.py", line 65, in __init__
    self.uri = cfg.get_ldap_uri ()
  File "/usr/share/stateless/config.py", line 43, in get_ldap_uri
    server = self["LDAP_SERVER"].lstrip()
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'lstrip'
"
Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?  Are there any undocumented dependencies
to the "stateless-servers" package that I should may be missing?

Thanks!

Carlos Knowlton