RFE: more FC4 Requests

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Tue Nov 16 21:13:00 UTC 2004

On Tue, Nov 16, 2004 at 05:08:50PM +0100, Michael Schwendt wrote:
> On Tue, 16 Nov 2004 10:55:35 +0100, Matthias Saou wrote:
>
> > [...] fedora.us (which was in turn partly based on my packages,
> > Dag's packages and other packages...)
>
> Matthias, you write "partly", but the way you write it ("and other
> packages"), you make it sound as if the number of derived packages would
> be worth mentioning at all.

Once again you need some memory push ups ;)

fedora.us started off mainly as a clone of freshrpms
http://www.fedora.us/pipermail/fedora-devel/2003-February/000210.html:

> 4) xine, mplayer, etc.
> These packages would be vital to actually attract users to the
> project.
>   More users would attract more attention, and perhaps more developers
> would join us.  Please help me convert Matthias' FreshRPMS to the
> Fedora naming scheme.

Oh, yes, I forgot, a lot of these packages moved to another repo ...

And changelog striping was indeed very popular at the beginning of
fedora.us.

Please don't try to subvert facts and history.
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net