rescue boot

As long as everyone's tossing out wishlists...

In FC2, the boot.iso doesn't have a self-contained way to give you a
minimal shell.  If you boot from it in "rescue" mode, it insists on
having (ftp/http/mount) access to the full set of install ISOs before
it will even give you a shell.

I just needed a bootable CD to install grub on a new disk; I didn't have
the FC2 distro CDs around, so I just downloaded and burned the small
boot.iso, and was shocked to find that it didn't have the ability to
just give me sh and mount, or busybox or something, without having
access to the whole enchilada.

--
Jamie Zawinski
jwz jwz org             http://www.jwz.org/